Hard lump in testicle, cannot be squeezed or moved. History of pulled groin. How likely is this cancer?

About 7 months ago while playing football I strained or pulled my groin which was agony, went to my local gp who prescribed 60 days anti inflammatory , after the course I still had some pain in left groin, then recently I've came away onboard a vessel for 6 weeks whilst I was checking my testicle I found a hard marble size lump on my left testicle it's at The cant be squeezed or moved as it attached, have another 3 weeks left of trip then I will go straight to doctors, how likely is this is cancer?
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Many testicular masses are not malignant , but finally diagnosis can be confirmed only by ultrasonography plus blood work(serum markers a- fetoprotein , and B human chorionic gonadotropin ). At this stage just by physical exam you can’t say you have cancer and I would advice you don’t move or squeeze it until you will arrive to clinic.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,