Ask a Dentist   »  

Hard lump at the bottom of gums. History of tobacco chewing. Any thoughts?

I have a hard lump at the very bottom of my gums were the cheek folds into the dumb line or its more on the gum line low. I had been to the dentist in the past and it was there but he never said anything about it. I have chewed tobacco in the past. any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 38 minutes later
Hello there,

Welcome to the forum,

I would like you to provide some details about this lump:
- Since how long you are having the lump? Can you mention the approximate size of the lump?
- Is it painful while chewing, wide opening of mouth? Do you have raised temperature over the
-Do you have recent throat infection or any problems with your teeth in the past?
- Were you on a antibiotics course for a long time?
-For how long did you chew tobacco? Have you quit it - if yes, how long ago.

If feasible please post a good quality picture of the affected region. I can be able to understand this lump better by looking at the pictures of it. You can use the site's uploader available on this page to upload the pictures.

Awaiting your reply...

Dr Qazi.