Ask a Urologist   »  

Hard bump on penis shaft, under the skin, no pain. No symptoms of cancer, hair follicles. No medical history. Causes for bumps?

Urologist
Question
Hello i am a 40 year old black male, 6'4' and 220 lbs. I'm pretty healthy and i've had no medical problems. I've been in the miliary for 19 years. Last week i noticed a small hardish bump on the shaft of my penis that feels like little cartlidge or small bee bees in a cluster. It is located on the under left side of my penis as i would look down on it. It has no pain, and it is located underneath my skin. NOthing that i can pop or really squeeze. It is pretty hard to get a good hold of it, but when i do it feels like cartlidge or something. It has no symptoms of cancer, or hair follicles from the research that i've done. No pain at all, and when i mess around with it, it seems to shrink in size. It also stays in one place, like when i try to move it, it pops back into the same spot. If i could really just explain it simple, i would say it feels like very small bee bees. the total size is about 3-4 mm, or half the size of a grean pea vegetable. What could that be? Thanks
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 58 minutes later
From your description and presentation, you appear to be having Peyronie's disease.
The exact etiology of this disease is not clear but it is believed that it is usually due to some minor trauma.
It can be asymptomatic as in your case or some patients complain of pain while having erection or slight angulation of penis when erect.
As you are asymptomatic, you don't need any treatment. The only precaution you should take is to avoid woman on top position while having intercourse.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Hard bump on penis shaft, under the skin, no pain. No symptoms of cancer, hair follicles. No medical history. Causes for bumps? 8 minutes later
Well i thought that the peyronie's disease meant a curved penis? Mine is straight and the shape isn't affected by the bump that is half way down my shaft. I've had no trauma at all, and i've been on deployment with no intercourse for nine months now. Masturbation is the only action i've had. Do you still believe that it's the same thing?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Thanks for reverting.

Peyronie's does not mean curved penis. It is this lump that may or may not cause curvature.

The trauma, if there, is usually very trivial and majority of patients shall not recall it.

It can happen with masturbation also especially if you bend the penis when erect at any point of time.

From your description I am pretty sure that you have Peyronie's disease but I shall still advise you to see a urologist and confirm the same.

I hope I have answered your query.

Regards.