Hanging and jiggling in butt hole while on vibration machine. Can it be hemmroids?

Question
I bought a standing exercise vibration machine a few months ago. When I get on it and put it at the second level, it feels like something is hanging and jiggling in my butt hole. The longer I am on it, the worse it gets. I know this sounds weird. Could I have hemmroids? Would a vibration machine make them worse? I am embarrassed to go to my doc.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 57 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Do not worry about this ma'am. The vibration machine makes many different parts of the body feel loose and jiggly. But this should not be an issue at all. If you have not felt any difficulty in passing stools till date, and have not palpated/felt anything different while cleaning after a bowel movement or noticed blood in your stools, then there should be nothing to worry about. But, for your satisfaction, you could visit a doctor who will examine you for hemorrhoids, which can be both external and XXXXXXX This examination should suffice to rule out/diagnose hemorrhoids.

And no ma'am, a vibration machine cannot make them worse (if present), as the main and only causes for hemorrhoids are:
-Straining while passing a bowel movement
-Diarrhea or constipation (constant or recurrent or persistent)
-Obesity
-Pregnancy
-Other systemic ailments (eg. heart or liver abnormalities, blood vessel disorders, etc.)

As you feel embarrassed to visit your doctor, let me list a few of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids for you to relate to, and put your mind at rest; although visiting your doctor would be preferable. For now you could look out for any of the following:
-External hemorrhoids: Pain around rectum or anus, hard painful lump inside anus or around, blood in stool (less in quantity)
-Internal hemorrhoids: Blood in stool (bright red and more in quantity), discomfort and itching around the anus, mostly painless but some individuals can have pain in enlarged or bulging XXXXXXX hemorrhoids

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, or you could rate my answers after closing this discussion.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Hanging and jiggling in butt hole while on vibration machine. Can it be hemmroids? 23 minutes later
Thank you....yes then I must have hemmorids. I do have itching. After I poop many times it feels like there is something still there. I am drinking water and eating correctly......but just getting small marbles.
I assume it could be medication causing it. What is the best way to shrink them?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 minutes later
Hello ma'am.

I am glad my previous response was helpful.

Treatment of hemorrhoids depends entirely on their severity (size, location, etc.). But the options we have are:
-Medication (eg. hydrocortisone creams, etc.): Used in cases of small hemorrhoids with mild symptoms
-Surgery:
+MIPH (minimal invasive procedure for hemorrhoids): Is a day-care procedure [which means: a morning admission and evening discharge from the hospital]
+Rubber-band ligation
+Laser

If your hemorrhoids are small then I would recommend medication (which is not as effective, the problem will persist, but will only be slightly suppressed), and if your hemorrhoids are more obvious then I would recommend MIPH.

Best wishes.