Hands shaking, increased heart beat, heavy feeling above breast up to neck, head feels full, dizziness, hot

My hands recently have been shaking whenever i hold my hands up they are shaking and i can't stop them unless i put them down. My heart rate sometimes often is i the 90's and over 100. I don't know why but I have this heavy feeling above my right breast that extends up to my neck. Whenever i feel it my head suddenly feels like it's full or like its about to get dizzy and then i get hot.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     19 year old female
•     Complaints of: hand tremors, palpitation, heaviness near right breast/neck, feeling hot and dizziness.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done
•     Anxiety disorder: need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. Other symptoms of anxiety which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth.
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.
•     Side effect of substance use: so stop use if present specially alcohol.

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, follow above advice, stop substance use if any and take multi vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.