Hand twitching followed by numbness from head to toes, also have cough and cold. Reason?

Question
Yesterday, my left hand was twitching, randomly throughout the day. today there is no twitching, but the left side of my body from my head to my toes feels off. I have also had a cough and stuffy nose.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
Generally speaking twitching without weakness of muscles, thinning of muscles is not associated with serious neurological problem. Twitching can be due to low calcium, electrolyte imbalance and can also be due to neurological problem.

Will you clarify what exactly do you mean by off in the left side ? Is it weakness of left side/ numbness ? Please clarify so that I will be able to guide you better
Best wishes

Follow-up: Hand twitching followed by numbness from head to toes, also have cough and cold. Reason? 27 minutes later
I feel like my left side is trying too hard to function normally. its jot weak, but I get a tingling feeling in my fingers if its not moving.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 hours later
Thanks for the query,
If the symptoms are so, I suggest you to get examined by a local neurologist. It is difficult to pin point the diagnosis based upon the data you have provided. I think the clinical neurological examination is very crucial in these types of cases. Once the neurological examination is complete, we will be able to guide you regarding the need of investigations for the proper diagnosis.
Stay relaxed and get evaluated
Please get back to me in case you need any additional information