Hand touched with dog teeth and saliva. Should I take rabipur injection?

one day back a street dog tried to take a biscuit which was in my hand and touched with the dog teeth and cut and no bleeding happen and 2 hrs later i washed with my hands with soap. is it necessary to rabipur. i can not able to observer that the dog since the dog is a street dog.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting query.

If the skin at the site of contact is unbroken and if there was no scratch, you do not require any treatment.

But even if you suspect there was a scratch you may go for Raipur vaccines prophylactically. In addition tetanus toxoid injection would be needed - In such type of case over treatment is always advisable.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.