Hand moves unknowingly while resting, getting sudden heat in foot. All test report are normal. Reason?

I've been experiencing weird symptoms lately. My right hand when resting and I'm not aware of it starts moving side to side (rolling). When I become aware it stops. On the left side of my neck all of a sudden got tight and bend on its own (this happended once). Now I get sudden sensation of heat on my left foot (ankle area) for a few seconds then it goes away (this happends when I'm sitting or standing or laying down). I'm 30 years old, overwheight but, not taking medication for anything. Had blood work done for diabetes, thyroid, blood pressure, cholestorel and everything came back ok. My job requires me to sit for 8-10 hours a day. The only physical activity I do is on the weekend (1hr walking ea. day).
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 11 hours later

I have gone through details provided by you.

The symptoms you described are not clinically associated with any organic medical condition, however as your symptoms are related to right hand and left foot we have to exclude cervical spinal cord lesion.

You should have a check up with neurologist and if neurological deficit is there, we may have to perform MRI study of cervical region.

Meanwhile avoid jerky or sudden movement of neck and neck massage.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for more comments if you have any other queries.

Dr. Pratap