Hand injury from glass. Painful with no movement, lightheadedness, cold sweat, nausea, tender skin. Should I go to the ER?

I was washing a serving bowl when it slipped out of my hand. I was trying to grab it before it hit the center divider of my double sink when it broke and the broken edge jabbed into my right palm, near the thumb, just above the wrist. I ran cold water over it for several minutes then poured peroxide on it, then bandaged it with sterile gauze and medical tape. The cut was XXXXXXX enough for me to see the meat. But what worries me is that it's extremely painful with no movement. Also, while I was flushing it with water, I got extremely light headed,
almost threw up and started having cold sweats. Also,the skin my wrist is tender several inches from the cut plus i cant remember the last time i had a tetnus snot. should I go to the ER or can it wait till morning?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 minutes later

The symptoms you had after the cut, like light headedness is not a direct symptom due to the injury but could be due to the panic and anxiety caused by it. Need not worry about it. Bed rest for one or two hours will suffice here.

If last tetanus dose is not within 6 months then you will be needing a booster dose of tetanus vaccine this time. There is no problem in taking the dose in the morning.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.