Hair transplant done, applied Dettol. Hair regrowth affected?

hi dr
I have done har transplant 4 days ago,whle takng bath ,i appled dettol on grafted area after 24 hrs ,will it affect my hair regrowth
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 5 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

It would have been best if dettol wasnt applied. But nevertheless, more than hampering the graft it may have caused dermatitis, which apparantely you do not have.

So do not be worried.

Just avoid applying dettol in the future.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be availabe for follow up.

Follow-up: Hair transplant done, applied Dettol. Hair regrowth affected? 2 hours later
hi Dr
Thanks for the per my understanding from the above answer from u ,my grafts are safe and will regrow...i was more worried dettol would have affected my grafts.will dettol kill follicles ?
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 19 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

No a single application of dettol will not do any harm to the grafted follicles.
So just relax.

Just for your information, the small hair length that is transplanted falls off after 10-15 days. Do not be worried with that.

Then the root takes over and hair grows out slowly.

You will notice some growth after 2-3 months and that is when you will realize that the surgery is successful or not. Full growth takes 9-12 months to come.