Hair transplant done. Is Amexidyl an effective hair spray?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello doctor,

Is Amexidyl an effective hair spray? i had recently hair transplant and i wanted to know whether i can apply it over the transplanted area.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 46 minutes later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting the query,

Amexidyl contains amenexil solution ,which works on the fibrosis at the hair roots .As such there is no harm in using on the transplanted area ,especially after about 4 weeks of transplantation .I am myself doing hair transplantation and we regularly prescribe this to patients after the surgery.Since amenexyl is a very mildly potent medicine , I also use minoxidil solution in my patients along with for faster growth .But I would advise you to ask your surgeon before doing so ,since he has done the surgery for you.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow-up: Hair transplant done. Is Amexidyl an effective hair spray? 1 hour later
Thank you doctor for ther reply. Is it required that amexidyl or minoxidil has to be used through out as stopping them will again result in hairloss?

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later
Hi!,

Thank you for writing back,

No ,it is not so .It is not a must to use these medicines .They just enhance & help hair to grow faster.I usually prescribe them for approximately 6 to 8 months after hair transplantation .Transplanted hair are usually for life ,so they don't fall off by itself.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.