Hair thinning, want to take Minoxidil

Hi My hair getting thin and thin density becomes very minioxodil help me to regrow my hair....kindly suugest me...
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Hair Loss
Follow-up: Hair thinning, want to take Minoxidil 7 minutes later
I really wanna know is minioxidil willl stop hair loss and start re growth...or esle whats the best solution for this hair loss..please suggest me an nice going to marry by next i should have enough hair....and my botton line is suugest me miniodil gel is best and whom i need to suggest regarding this gel...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Hair loss is seen in many conditions like Systemic diseases, Poor Nutritional Status, Scalp infections like bacterial or fungal, Poor Care of Hair, Hormonal changes etc.
Generally, we start with minoxidil 5% 1 ml twice daily and Tab finasteride 1mg once daily( to increase the blood circulation around hairs). We wait for 6 months atleast to see for a response. If there is no response the usual practice is to stop the treatment and go for hair restoration surgery.

The herbal oils may not work as their efficacy is not proven.

You can follow some simple measures to stop the hair loss and help your hair grow better -
1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good luster and to cover the damaged parts.
2. Take Iron and zinc supplements.
3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long durations.
4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust, etc.
5. Take supplements of vitamin B6 and folic acid.
6. Avoid stress and anxiety.
7. Scalp massage- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers is one of the most effective method for the prevention and treatment of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands and energise the circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Hair thinning, want to take Minoxidil 10 hours later
Great Doctor....Am very much satisfied with your answer. But i like to start using the minioxdil gel and finstride before using i need to consult a doctor .Am living in chennai(tamil nadu). Can you suggest me the doctor , i need to consult before going through the treatments. Since without doctor prescription , i can't get the medicines. So in chennai , whom shall i conatact for this .

I look very less confidence without hair .

So can you suggest me the tablet for iron and zinc supplement in mg. Actually i was used minioxdil gel before two gave me good results..then i left the treatment due to some reasons and my hair started falling like before.I wiiling to take the treatment till the end....since i need hair on my head......plz suggest me the proper doctor to consult about this in chennai.

Thanks for your time and considerations.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

To find a good dermatologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor.

You can search for a doctor in your area at WWW.WWWW.WW .

OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )

The proper supplements of iron can be found in any multivitamin or multimineral preparation like Riconia.

Wishing you an early recovery.