Hair loss, use Dove shampoo and natural coconut oil. Is there any better remedy for controlling hair loss?

Hi, In my family we all have very thin hair but not baldness. My recent botheration is about my sister hair loss. She is 21 years old. Whenever she takes head bath and comb, could see more hair loss. The same problem with me either. We use Dove shampoo and Natural coconut oil. No other creams being used but still we see more hair loss day by day. Is there any better remedy for controlling our hair loss. As we see by genetic we all have very thin hair, is there a chance to get thick hair naturally like proper diets,etc...
I am waiting for your valuable response and would be very much appreciated.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

I understand your problem and will give you best possible advise.

Hairs are indicator of general health.
When you improve general health hair loss will also decrease.
Most probable cause for your hair loss is diffuse hair loss or Androgenetic Alopecia or male pattern baldness.

Treatment of of baldness can be oral medications ,topical lotions and few procedures.It depends on type of alopecia.

Also I would like to know
-You are having hair loss from frontal area(male pattern )or diffuse type of hair loss?

-You had any recent history of fever/ operation/stressful event?

- Do you have family history of male pattern baldness?

Please answer above question to help you better.

In oral medication you can take multivitamin supplements especially those containing Biotin ,amino acids (like cysteine , methionine ) ,minerals (like Iron copper ).

In medications Minoxidil ,finasteride and saw palmetto are effective.

Few procedures like light therapy, mesotherapy, derma roller are effective for hair loss.

You can use these medications after consulting your dermatologist.

A good dermatologist will be able to provide you all the above treatment options.

Dose,frequency of medication and procedures can be decided after proper physical

In general measures you should avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

Do not comb when hairs are wet.

Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

You can use dove or Loreal shampoo for hair wash.

Please upload your photos of your scalp areas(2-3) with UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of the page.

Photos will be further useful to provide specific advise.

Hope this helps you .
If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.

Dr Sudarshan