Hair loss, scalp damage. Family history of baldness. Advice?

Dear Sir,

I am loosing my hair on my front drastically and I would like to know how to control and grow hair. Also I wear wig which has clips on 2 sides of my head which damaged my scalp on 2 sides on top of my head. And hair growth stopped in those 2 areas. What should I do to improve the damaged area of my scalp. I was thinking about going to Vcare or Dr. Batra for treatment. I have started massaging oil on my scalps 2 days a week. I am 29 years old and drive bike on daily basis with my helmet. Also hair loss is genetically present in my family history. Please suggest.
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later

I understand your problem and will give you best possible advise.

Most probable cause for your hair loss is Androgenetic Alopecia or male pattern baldness.It runs in families.The usual progression is slow (begins in forties and progresses to complete baldness in fifties )

In some cases like yours it begins in twenties and thirties.
Treatment of this type of baldness can be oral medications ,topical lotions and few procedures.

In oral medication you can take multivitamin supplements especially those containing Biotin ,amino acids (like cysteine , methionine ) ,minerals (like Iron copper ).Also SAW PALMETTO is a natural product which helps in male pattern baldness. It is available in tablet forms.
Finasteride tablets have a proven role in male pattern baldness.

In topical medication Minoxidil and saw palmetto are effective.

Procedures like mesotherapy , light therapy ,dermaroller are very effective in male pattern baldness.

You can use these medications after consulting your dermatologist.A good dermatologist will be able to provide you all the above treatment options.
Dose,frequency of medication and procedures can be decided after proper physical examination only.Once started treatment has to be taken for longer duration like 2 years.

In general measures you should avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.
Hairs are indicator of general health.
Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

Hope this helps you .
If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.

Dr Sudarshan.