Hair loss after hysterectomy. Tested with FSH and blood work done. What can be done?

May 2013
I had a hysterectomy 1 and half year ago. The dr removed everything but my right ovary. Ever since than, I have not felt like myself. myself. I have gain 17 lbs, I'm tired all the time. I'm losing my hair. I had blood work done 3 months ago, I had my fsh tested and it was 130. Dr told me it's. Normal because of the other two test was normal, I've tried toose weight and I can't no matter what I do. I'm only 38 years old...
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later

Usually when the ovaries are retained after hysterectomy, they will continue their function till few years and produce hormones.
But as your FSH level is very high it is indicating hormonal imbalance.
So your symptoms could be due to this.
Now, you once go for:
-Thyroid profile
-Blood sugar, hemoglobin
If these are all normal, better to go for Take care.