Hair is oily after taking head bath. Is it safe to take head bath everyday?

My Hair is getting very oil even next day after taking head bath. is it ok if i take head bath everyday. i am seeeing oil on hair which appears on forehead also.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sebaceous secretion is good

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Trichologist. I answer on his behalf.

The oil you get in the hairs is Sebaceous secretions, this is very good. This will avoid infections and keep you hair healthy. There is no need to worry, only problem is that the oil may attract dust.

Yes, you can take head bath daily, there is no harm in this too.

Hope, I answered your query.