Hair folllicle drug test,marijuana

I have a hair follicle drug test coming up. I smoked marijuana 5 months ago. Only three hits. Will it show up on my exam? Keep in mind that the hair sample they took was from my chest.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

Smoking marijuana three months ago is a long time gap to show in your hair follicles that too in such a small quantity- only three hits.

You need not worry about marijuana showing up in your hair follicles of chest.

A standard hair follicle screen covers a period of approximately 90 days. It is only rare that they examine a longer length of hair for more past history. The metabolites of drugs accumulate in hair follicles in detectable quantities only on a long term and high dose use.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.