Hair fall, tangled and dry hair, skin tanning between nose and lips. Suggest something for healthy hair and skin

hi doctor

i am suffering from hair fall...and also hairs are geting tangled and dry...
Though i have a good skin but there is some blackishness in the portion between nose and lips.I use to live in a costal part before where i had skin tanning ...though its gone almost but sometimes it would be visible again.Even some tanning in my legs as well as hand.Please suggest me something so that i cna enjoy healthy hair and skin.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Please tell me, what is the extent of your hair fall? How many hair (roughly) you lose every day. If it is less than 50, then there is nothing to be worried about.

If it is more, you should get yourself personally evaluated by a dermatologist.

The causes of this hairfall may be low hemoglobin, telogen effluvium (seasonal hair fall).

Telogen effluvium usually resolves on its own.

You may also consider getting a blood test done for hemoglobin...if it turns out to be low it can be corrected.

For usual hair care, take a protein and vitamin XXXXXXX diet with plenty of oral fluids.
You may take biotin tablets once daily for 3 months for improvement in hair quality.

For your skin, just protect yourself from sun- use sunscreens, umbrellas etc when you are outdoors.

You may also use a face pack( turmeric/haldi, mashed potatoes, curd and besan). It will sooth your skin and also give some lightening of the complexion.

If you want medical treatment then you can go for chemical peels.

I hope I have answered your queries.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me,

Follow-up: Hair fall, tangled and dry hair, skin tanning between nose and lips. Suggest something for healthy hair and skin 10 minutes later

hi doctor

though the hair loss is less than 50 but i think from past 2 years it is the same.
even i got my blood checked ,it was 14...The volume of hair is less so it matters to me a lot :-(
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 36 minutes later
Thanks for the reply.

I understand your problem.

You may start with Minoxidil 2% lotion. apply 2 ml once daily at night on the scalp. Do this daily. Yo will see an improvement in a month or so.
Continue for atleast an year. Just remember to wash your hands after applying the lotion

Also as suggested, you may take biotin tablets. They boost hair growth and are free form any side effects.