Hair fall problem. Prescribed folli grow, biotin, n acetylcysteine, eskon, finasteride. Does these medicines affect the liver and hormones?

Hi, for hair fall control, I was prescribed to use folli grow capsules of biotin with n-acetyl cysteine and minerals (Eskon) and finastertide tablets, kindly let me know the side effects of using these medicines at a long run. specially liver and testestrone harmone changes.

Thank you,

Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Follihair is a very safe medication as it contains vitamins , antioxidants and amino acids only, which are natural substances.

Finasteride is the most effective medication for androgenetic alopecia as it prevents the main pathology of hair loss.

It doesnt have any long term side effects. A lot of propaganda has been done against it like infertility, impotence.

However, it is very clear that it has no bearing on fertility. Impotence is not seen either. What it may cause is a temporary Erectile Dysfuntion (reduction in the power of erection). This is seen in 1% of people taking finasteride. It is 100% reversible on stopping the medicine within a very short time.

I think you shouldnt be worried about the side effects too much in this case. However, the final decision is yours.

I hope I have answered your query