Hair fall problem. Is it safe to use Minoxidil for hair regrowth or go for hair transplantation?

I am having problem with hair fall, i have almost lost of hair as i did not take much care at the initial stage and currently using some medicines to stop hair fall.

I would like to know is it safe to use Minoxidil 5% for hair regrowth or go for hair transplantation.

Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Minoxidil is safe

Detailed Answer:

Yes, you can use Minxodil 5% solution, though initially it presents with some side effects like dandruff, later they disappear and present with healthy hair.

You can also take Tab FINAX 1mg per day for a month to prevent hair fall.