Haemoglobin test done. What should I eat to increase my haemoglobin level?

I had my haemoglobin test yesterday and today i have got d report. Its 7.1. I am 23 yrs of age and just 3 months back i have got married.....I am worried.What should i eat or do to increse my HB level?I dont get fatigued nor do I experience any illness?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

A hemoglobin level of 7.1 is definitely very less and something must be done to correct this.

The first thing needs to be done is correct diagnosis. We must know why the hemoglobin is low. This could be due to iron deficiency (may be due more bleeding in periods, piles, poor intake etc.), B12 deficiency.

Please visit your family doctor and get it diagnosed first. After that as per the deficiency treatment is required.

In females low hemoglobin is not uncommon, still one must not ignore it.

In general please do the following which should help.

Take good health diet, XXXXXXX in green leafy vegetable, milk and milk products
Beat and green salad is good to take on daily basis.
Take sprouted moong, chana etc.

Visit to doctor and medicines are must. Do not stop medicines on your own, please complete the course as advised.

Apart from this please avoid being pregnant till your hemoglobin comes to normal and any deficiency is corrected.

Pregnancy at this time is not good for you and the child. Both will have health concerns.

Do not worry, visit your doctor and you should be fine.

I hope this helps.