Haemoglobin and jaundice report out of normal range, urine test, digestion normal. Cause & cure?

Sir I had a general test of haemoglobin and jaundice where I found the report a little out of range..I am a normal guy weight 62Kg and height 5.5, urine output is also normal and food digestion is also normal kindly advice me why these levels are not normal and wot to do to bring them in range. In earlier reports in last 2 months my jaundice levels are coming down from 4.2 to this level... Report is attached..
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
You have raised levels of bilirubin with a marginally decreased hematocrit value.
Your jaundice is persistent for last two months.
Jaundice is a sign of an underlying Liver pathology. It is could be due to poor liver function or infection harbored in the biliary system. Persistent jaundice would damage your liver. A thorough examination with a specialist Hepatologist / Gastroenterologist is needed.
The most common possibilities are:
1) Hepatitis C - This is the most common cause of persistent hepatitis. Please get evaluated for Antigen and Antibodies for Hepatitis C.
2) Hepatitis B - Get HbsAg and Anti HbC done.
3) Other viral hepatits causes like Hep A, Hep E and Hep D
4) Autoimmune Hepatitis
The other investigations would be required are as follows:
1) Liver biopsy
2) CT scan of abdomen
3) Serum XXXXXXX ASMA, Anti-LKM, and quantitative immunoglobulins- these are the tests for autoimmune hepatitis.

Please discuss about these possibilities and investigations with your treating Gastroenterologist.

As viral hepatitis is the most common cause, the main aim would be to protect the liver from excessive damage. These following measures would be helpful in this regarding:
1) Avoid oily and spicy food.
2) Avoid fatty foods like eggs, meat
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol
5) Low salt diet
6) Medications for better liver function which would be prescribed by your treating Gastroenterologist.
7) Maintain hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.