Had yeast infection with bumps on labia minora. Took monostat. Why haven't they gone? Wait?

My wife has just had a yeast infection which also included some little bumps comparable to chicken skin on her labia minora. She took a 3 day dose of monostat but the bumps havent gone away. She just got her period, so she wants to wait to go to the dr. any clue?

Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 31 minutes later

The bumps after a yeast infection could be due the inflammed glands near the labia minora.

Such presentation is very common and the treatment involves the treating of the yeast infection.

Though it may take few days after the infection has gone completely but do not complicate into anything serious.

Getting examined by the gynecologist is always a best option here, I would say she can wait till she is comfortable to show to the doctor.

Wish you good health.