Had yeast infection. Feeling cramps, nausea, migrane and lower back pain. Cause and cure?

Had a yeast infection day before period, used over the counter nock off pill, havent been sexually active for 5 months, light and short period, now still cramping, nausea, migranes, lower back pain and slightly hungry
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be related to migraine and a muscular pan causing the backache. The symptoms are not likely to be related to any hormonal disturbance or the vaginal infection you had recently.
For migraine headache, try these lifestyle modifications:

1) Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day.
2) Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques.
3) Avoid bright or flashing lights and wear sunglasses if sunlight is a trigger
4) Identify and avoid foods that trigger headaches by keeping a headache and food diary and limit caffeine consumption to less than two caffeine-containing beverages a day.
5) You can also try over the counter pain killers like aspirin or acetaminophen. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific anti-migraine therapy (triptans and ergot preparations).
You can help your back pain by doing a hot fomentation in the area and applying a local analgesic gel at least twice a day.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had yeast infection. Feeling cramps, nausea, migrane and lower back pain. Cause and cure? 10 minutes later
The period only lasted two days less than usual. Am I pregnant? Me and my bf fool around but no actual penetration or even close to getting near. I had my period for a short 2 days now it stopped and im cramping still, migrnaes, and lower back pain.
also took two tests about 5 days after period stopped and negative
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
A shorter than average period is not suggestive of pregnancy. Since your pregnancy tests are negative, pregnancy is ruled out further.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.