Had x-ray. What are the findings from the report?

Hi! I have a 3 month baby he has a cough he's pedia pulmo request for xray and the expression of his xray he has a primary may be consider so the pedia request us me my husband and the nanny to have xray and here are the result: my xray result and the impression are: Fibrohazed densities right upper lobe as describe likely residuals Mild thoracic dextroscoliosis and or myospasm My husband result and the impression are: Pneumonia, interstitial bilateral with air trappinh Bi apical fibriod And the result for nanny Pneumonia bilateral Bi apical fibriods Left ventricular prominence What is the meaning of our result? Should we stay away to the baby?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Chances of healed infecion are there Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. Your baby has developed a primary TB. This is most likey to have been contracted from contacts / environment. 2. Your Xray: S/o old heald lesions probably tubercular. There is no evidence of active TB as per the Xray report. 3. Xray of your husband: The b/l apical fibrosis component is again s/o old healed lesion but bilateral interstitial pneumonia with air trapping needs to be investigated to rule out active infection. a. Is the Xray digital (sometimes over reporting of interstitial shadows is een in digital Xrays)? b. Does he have any chest complaints like cough, fever, breathlessness? c. Did he have any past history of TB or did he ever take any medications for TB? d. Does he smoke? He may be currently advised a 2 week course of antibiotics. Also if there is a suspicion of active infection then his sputum examination needs to be done. Advanced investigations like HRCT scan thorax and bronchoscopy may be required as per the clinical examination findings. Get him evaluated by a Pulmonologist. 4. Your nanny's report : B/l apical fibrosis seems to be a result of old healed infection. The bilateral pneumonia needs to be further investigated in the same way as your husband. However there is a chance of overreporting of digital chest Xray especially if the b/l pneumonia have been reported in the lower zones. Get evaluation from a Pulmonologist. 5. Till further evaluation it is advisable that the nanny and your husband stay away from the baby. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist