Had wreck and have pain right side. Taking tramadol and levbid. HAving bowel stop. What can be done?

had car wreck on monday Pain in right side pain meds does not help I have bowel stop in the pass but did experience this kind of pain Taking tramadol 100 mg every six hour and levbid for ibs
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 2 hours later
Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

Your symptoms are suggestive of blunt trauma. Majority of vehicle accidents result in blunt trauma. Depending on the severity of force it can result in contusions or severe injury to XXXXXXX organs like liver and small intestine. Absence of external injury or visible wound does not exclude the possibility of XXXXXXX injury or complications.

After any accident, shock and generalized myalgia is common. Tramadol is very effective for muscle pain (myalgia) but not so effective for pain originating from bones or due to injury to abdominal organs and lungs. Also Tramadol can cause constipation and is not generally indicated in people with IBS.

Since the pain is not controlled by Tramadol, you should consult a general surgeon as it is imperative that the source of pain and the underlying cause needs to be identified for further management. X-Ray and CT scan will help in finding out the site of maximum pain and the reason behind it.

I hope this helps. Please address to me if you have any further concerns.