Had wound on cheek after accident and had suture. Will it cause permanent scarring?

Hi, I recently met with an accident. I received wound on my cheek. It was treated with six sutures. The wound is now on its second day. Will it cause permanent scarring or will it disappear overtime? The doctor has asked me to remove the suture in ten days. Appreciate your valuable advise.

Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely it would stay...

Detailed Answer:

Wound that needed six sutures seems to be big wound. Most small ones fade away with time but large ones can leave a permanent scar.

However at this point of time there is no tests available to predict the chance of permanent scar formation. You can wait for 2-4 months before trying scar reducing product / procedures.

Hope this answers your query. I'll be glad to discuss further if you need c clarification.