Had wheezing and infection in lungs. took amoxicillan. Lung cancer?

ENT Specialist
I have had asthma all my life but it has been well controlled with inhalers. Recently I started having a wheeze when I breathe out and had a patch of infection of one of my lungs which was detected by an xray and feeling very unwell. I was treated with antibiotics. The wheeze disappeared only to return in the form of an infection(as diagnosed by my doctor) and I am now at the end of my second course(Clarithromycin). The previous course was a blend of amoxicillan with something else but the doctor said there was a risk of C difficile virus with prolonged use\. Although I now feel much better I still have the crackle and feel that there is something there. I am due for another xray at the end of my course (tomorrow) but very worried that it may be the early signs of lung cancer as it is only in one lung. What advice do you have?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later

It is good that you are improving with antibiotics, you must continue with them.
It will be good if you go for HRCT (High resolution CT scan ) chest ,to rule out the infection , instead of X XXXXXXX

HRCT is more informative, it covers from up to down and anterior to posterior completely , even if there is a small patch of infection or if there is cancer , will be ruled out.

X rays take a picture at a place and does not give complete information like Ct scan.
The only thing is CT scan is costlier then a X XXXXXXX

Secondly,It is not necessary that if only one lung is involved so there are more chances of cancer.

In addition to antibiotic also take Bronchodilator medicines or inhalers and medicines for symptomatic relief of cough after discussing with your doctor.

Get well soon.
If in doubt do reply.