Had wet dream, traces of blood in semen, blood clot. Testicle pain. Is this a cause for concern?

Question
Hi Doctor,

I just had a wet dream and notied a traces of blood in my semen and a blood clot. this problem has been going on for sometime now, with traces of blood comin and going in my semen. should i consider seeing a specialist (Eurologist). I also felt a slight pain on my right testicle.

is this course for concern? would i need an operation to correct this condition?
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Blood in semen is usually benign, and resolve on its own.

But, blood in semen can also occur due to trauma, infection, tumors etc.

As you have slight pain in your right testicle also, might be suffering with Epididymitis, please consult Urologist and get your self examined.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma