Had vomiting, constipation and then diarrhea. Noticed blood in stools. What to do?

General Surgeon
On Wednesday night I had vomiting, constipation and then diarrhea. I noticed blood in my stools. Today, Friday, The blood from my stools is thick blood clots. I am nervous and don't know if I should go to the emergency room.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes ! You must go the ER for examination and treat

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

If I would have been your family physician, yes, I would suggest you to go to the ER of nearest hospital to get examined personally by the doctor, who may also go for an endoscopic evaluation of your colon to know the source of bleeding.

If you got investigated for any other gastrointestinal problem in the past the details of reports and investigations will help me in suggesting you further. But now you must report to the ER for emergency help.

Thanks for using XXXXXXX forum for your health problem. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.