Had vomiting and runny nose, spewing out wet mucus. What could it be?

Excellent

Question
wendsday night I was vomiting snd had a runny nose, last night it was just a nusy that was spewing out wet mucus, no fever or anything, whats wrong with me
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Guru 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be common cold

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

I think you might have got a viral infection. I suggest you to do some steam inhalation which not helps to relieve symptoms to some extent but also help to virus disinfection. However, if there is yellowish discoloration, fever or worsening of symptoms, you need visit your family physician. Antihistamines, when used appropriately might also help in relieving symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!

Follow-up: Had vomiting and runny nose, spewing out wet mucus. What could it be? 6 minutes later
I am also getting bad heartburn

Answered by Dr. Guru 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Over the counter antacids may help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up!

This may come up with some common cold symptoms. Over the counter antacids may help to give some relief. Avoid carbonated beverages, chocolate, coffee and avoid activities that increases the pressure on the stomach which forces acid in stomach backward into the esophagus, lifting, coughing, straining, tight clothing, until you get complete relief from it. However, it better get a physical examination done by your family physician to get more idea whats going on.

Wish you a good health!

Follow-up: Had vomiting and runny nose, spewing out wet mucus. What could it be? 5 hours later
why does heartburn happen in this case?

Answered by Dr. Guru 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may or may not be related to this case

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up! Sorry for delay in replying.

It may or may not be related to this case. Also, it may have been precipitated by the nasopharyngeal infection and secretions (mucus).

Wish you a good health! Take Care!