Had viral eye infection. Had white spots on cornea. Used fml-t eye drops and systane. Take steam inhalation. Suggest medication?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi doctor, five weeks back i had a viral eye infection and i was treated and it has left some white spots on the cornea for which i am taking fml-t eye drops and systane...last two weeks ago i cleaned my coupord and slept tht afternoon and since that time i am having dull throbbing both temples headache ,eyebrow pain and nasal block ...i get relieved when i take steam inhalation but does not last for more than 15 minutes .i consulted an ent doctor who gave me moxicip and vozet but when i took them after two hours i still had a throbing head pain i also took dolo650 along with them and i vomited three times ....for the last two days i have been experiencing more pain in my eyebrows and nose bone starting and when i yawn my ears are blocked and down my ears it hurts. Please suggest me some medicine. My eye doctor said that this pain is not due to the past eye infection and told me to see an ent doctor.also for the past two weeks i have a aching neck .....i even have pain where the two eyebrows XXXXXXX . ieven get temporary relief on applying balm and taking dolo650
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Proper treatment of sinusistis may relieve you

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I have gone through your query.

It suggests that reason of your headache, pain between two eye brows and nasal blockage is due to the sinusitis, if you take the proper treatment of sinusitis you may relieve.

If you are a patient in my clinic then I would prescribe: Antibiotics, Nasal decongestant , Systemic decongestant, nasal corticosteroid and painkillers are the main treatment.

Non-Drug Treatment of Sinusitis - saline (salt) washes or sprays, steam inhalation are helpful for removing mucus and relieving congestion. You should drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
Best fluid to drink is that which helps to lubricate the mucous membranes like warm soups, etc.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query

Follow-up: Had viral eye infection. Had white spots on cornea. Used fml-t eye drops and systane. Take steam inhalation. Suggest medication? 20 minutes later
Doctor will moxicip help me ... or which antibiotics should i take ...which tablet i can consume without any side effects . Will vozet help me ... my previous ent doctor suggested me to take ths moxicip and vozet abd along with it digene foracidity problem it could give . Please help me

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Moxicip will help

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Thank you for follow up query.

You are already taking the good antibiotic and a third-generation non-sedative antihistamine but for best treatment you may also add the above mention treatment with this for better management.

Local treatment always better than the systemic treatment as it has fewer side effects .

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Had viral eye infection. Had white spots on cornea. Used fml-t eye drops and systane. Take steam inhalation. Suggest medication? 30 minutes later
Will moxicip give any side effects. Can i take sinarest or advil ...with moxicip i was feeling uncomfortable like palpitations stuff ... suggest me anyother antibiotic pleaseeeee

Can i take dolo650 along with moxicip and vozet .... its been one hour since i have taken doli650

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Azithromycin

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your both follow up query.

Side effects of Moxicip-
GI disturbances, hypersensitivity-type reactions, hepatitis, hematological disturbances, tachycardia (palpitation), photosensitivity, abdominal pain, headache, vaginitis.

You may take Azithromycin instead of Moxicip.

I personally advised Solvincold instead of Sinarest.

You can take dolo 650 with these any drugs. Dolo is the safer analgesic.