Had very violent vomiting episodes with blood shot eye. Is it due to burst blood vessel?

I had very violent vomiting episodes Monday morning and today I have a bloodshot eye that came on this morning. Could I have burst a blood vessel or weakened it due to vomiting and the reaction was delayed until today?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 17 minutes later

I think what you are talking about is bright red, dense bloody area on the white part of the eye.

This is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage.

It may to small to begin with, so might not have been noticed for couple of days.

This kind of violent vomiting can lead to this. This normally looks like a bloody spot in one eye that doesn't hurt, but just looks bad, don't worry. It should clear up on its own within a week or two.

You should seek medical attention if,

>You have a headache along with blurred vision or confusion.
>You are seeing halos around lights
>Increasing redness
>Any other complaints like watering from eye, discharge etc.

I hope this helps.