Had vertigo. Getting severe headache, dry heaves and sweating. MRI done. Looking for relief

Hi, I had two bouts of vertigo a few weeks ago. The second happened five days after the first ended and was stronger accompanied with a severe incapacitating headache, sweating, dry heaves and then chills. It hurt to lift my head off my pillow. I live alone and called 911. I was given medicine for the symptoms and discharge from the ER. An MRI of the brain was recommended so my doctor ordered and MRI with contrast and MRA?. My doctor just sent me a note "Your Brain MRI was read as Normal. There was a small of area in frontal area lobe which was read as a non-specific finding XXXXXXX
Any idea what this could mean? I do feel better, the vertigo has stopped.

Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi , XXXXXXX welcome and thanks for writing in.
There basically 3 reasons for vertigo as labyrinth related, CP ANGLE tumors and blood related.
Labyrinth is structure located in ear which detect motion of head, when has affected it will cause vertigo. CP angle region is one area where nerves supplying ear are located. And lastly recurrent hypoglycemia is blood related condition.
MRI is advised to rule out any CP angle mass which is treatable cause. Because labyrinth conditions doesn't have specific test for diagnosis.
Now coming to your report. It is normal as there is no any mass lesion. Changes in frontal area possibly due to age related angiopathic changes. It is seen in many individuals. Details of which are quite difficult to explain as it needs basic brain anatomy.
Overall your condition is transient only. So need to worry about it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.