Had varicose veins removed in legs. Having chronic pelvic pain after standing and intercourse. Treatment?

40 YOF with 4 children (three in 31/2 years). I've had varicose veins removed in both of my legs. I've had a dull chronic pelvic pain for quite sometime. More severe after standing and after intercourse. Upon researching, I feel I have pelvic congestion syndrome. Who should I see to seek treatment? My OB or my vascular doctor? What is the best style of treatment? What is the best test ct, MRI or venogram? My leg varicosities were quite severe. My OB recommended a hyst, but I'm less than thrilled of that idea with 4 young children. I've had a normal pelvic sonogram.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query,

Pelvic congestion syndrome is a chronic medical condition characterized by abdominal pains are are worst at the end of the day after long standing and during intercourse.
Treatment options include both medical and surgical. Medical treatment is done with use of pain killers and when it fails surgical treatment is then employed.
Surgical treatment is done by embolization i.e. injecting a substance into the veins using x-ray guidance to seal off the veins. This is done by interventional radiologists who are trained on that.

Diagnosis could be done by use of CT scan, MRI, venogram or ultrasound which could identified congested veins but diagnosis is only confirmed when the congested veins are associated with characteristic pain and when your gynecologist has excluded all other possible causes.

You will need to XXXXXXX your gynecologist to rule out other causes of the pain and confirm the diagnosis of pelvic congestion and he/she will then refer you to an interventional radiologist for surgical management.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answer.