Had vaginal itching and noticed blood from vagina. What is underlying cause?

Question
vaginal itching from few months and now I see blood bleeding from vagina.Didnot take any medication till now.My age is 23.Female
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Kindly reply to few of my questions so that I can help you further. Hope you don't mind answering them. 1. Do you have regular menstrual cycles? is the bleeding heavy or just spotting? 2. Is the bleeding you are taking about is like menstrual blood? or is the bleeding in between your periods? Kindly give more details about the bleeding your taking about in relation to your menstrual cycle. 3. Are you sexually active? 4. Do you have any associated abnormal white discharge? Please ask if you have more questions. Waiting for your reply, Wish you good health. Arif

Follow-up: Had vaginal itching and noticed blood from vagina. What is underlying cause? 39 minutes later
1.i have irregular menstrual cycle.Its not heavy.When I wipe it ,I could see it.White+blood 2.its not related to menstrual cycle I guess.As I said I have vaginal itching from few months and now am here 3.Am a virgin 4.yes(as I said in 1)

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be due to pelvic infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your history I feel your symptoms could be due to pelvic infection. Sometimes pelvic infection can cause this type of bleeding pattern, rarely even cervical polyps can have similar symptoms. If you were my treating patient I would have advised you a course of oral antibiotics , (I usually give Doxycycline for 7 days) and a vaginal antifungal cream like ketoconazole for local application. Hence I advise you to visit OBGy specialist. If required your doctor might advise you to get a scan also. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!