Had vaginal hysterectomy and sacral spinal fixation. Feeling uncomfortable while walking. Remedy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
I had a vaginal hysterectomy and sacrospinal fixation2weeks ago. Shortly after having the 'packing' removed I felt as though something was 'hanging down' like before the op. Nurse checked that all the packing had been removed and I was discharged on target. I still feel the same and am not very comfortable walking. What do you think it is? Also my bladder flow seems restricted.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been having Prolapse of the Uterus for which Vaginal Hysterectomy with sacrospinal Fixation was done.and the vaginal cavity was packed with mobs(Packs).

The packs were remover but you still have the sensation of hanging which you had before surgery. This is most likely to be due to pressure of the intra abdominal organs over the raw area created by removing the Uterus.This sensation is bound to get resolved in few weeks as the the space heals up.

As regards the feeling of bladder flow being restricted it is due to the elevation of Bladder neck done by taking stitches around it.This is also going to be normal in a month.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Had vaginal hysterectomy and sacral spinal fixation. Feeling uncomfortable while walking. Remedy? 7 hours later
Many thanks for your help as it makes me feel much happier. I have a very slight yellowish discharge which is not a bother but I wonder if symptoms (for 4 days now) of aching heaviness -almost with tingling- round my hips and all down my legs might be associated with my op too. I'm normally very active and thought sitting a lot was causing it as Its not something I've ever experienced but when I have this opportunity I thought I should ask.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

The yellowish discharge that you have is due to tissue reaction that happens after every vaginal surgery. It is a matter of time and takes few weeks to get normal.
The Tingling sensation in legs and pain in hip joint is due to surgical trauma that occurs during any pelvic surgery and is bound to get resolved within 4-6 weeks.
Take some pain killers like Tab Brufen 400 mg twice daily .This drug is available over the counter in medical store.

Please do not worry .You are bound to be fine in 6 weeks time.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Had vaginal hysterectomy and sacral spinal fixation. Feeling uncomfortable while walking. Remedy? 1 hour later
Thank you very much. I have been pretty scared as it's 4 more weeks till my follow up check with Gynaecologist . I am so grateful to you for alleviating my fears.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
I am pleased with your feedback and comments about my answers. I would appreciate if you can close this discussion and post your review on this forum.

I will also be glad to address your concerns in future if needed. You can ask me on WWW.WWWW.WW
Dr.Patil