Had vaginal hysterectomy. Ovaries removed laparoscopically. Having irritation similar to bladder infection. Reason?

Last december i had a hyst vaginally and had everything removed except my ovaries. Today i had a lap removal of my ovaries. The surgeon said it would be a piece of cake and be back at work in 3 days. I work 10 hour days and travel for my job. With my Hyst in December, i had it done on Friday and was back at my desk job full day on Monday.
My point is- i feel worse today than when i had surgery in December! my bladder feels raw or irritated almost similar to a bladder infection(but i dont have one) is that normal?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The feeling can be due to anaesthetic medicines

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Now the ovaries have been removed laparoscopically. The raw or irritated feeling of the bladder due to surgery is not expected. This can happen due to the effects of anaesthetics used. It will take around 48-72 hours for the effect of drugs to be over.
You can increase your fluid intake and see if the feeling gradually subsides in next two days. In case the feeling persists, do consult your physician for a urine examination and prescription medicines.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.