Had vaginal hysterectomy. Did not have much bleeding. Having little smelly discharge. Is this normal?

Hi! I had a vaginl hysterectomy 2 weeks ago - I've been doing great, but need to slow down today! I didn't have much bleeding after surgery, non now, but a small amount of discharge - is that normal? Not a bad odor but a little smell? Is this a concern?
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be normal tissue reaction.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Post surgically there can be a small amount of discharge. Sometimes it can be blood tinged, its because of tissue reaction after surgery, which is absolutely normal.

You need to worry if you have below mentioned complaints:
Fever with foul smelling vaginal discharge, or
Severe pain abdomen or any disturbance in your bowel and bladder habits or
Vaginal bleeding (not spotting),

If the discharge is too much bothering or very much foul smelling , you can get evaluated by your doctor mainly to rule out any local infection.

If I were your treating physician I would have just reassured you.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!