Had vaginal dryness and itching. Have red pimples on breast. Using T-bact ointment. Breast cancer?

I have a red pimple on the breast near to the armpit.
I delivered my baby 3months ago and I am breast feeding him since then.
I BF him for about 5-6 times a day.
Few days before i had vaginal dryness and itching for which my GP prescribed Candid cl gel and that got subsided.
Is this red pimple an infection or skin problem ,I have been using T-bact ointment on that area for about 5 days,but i don't see any changes.
I am also worried if it is early symptom of inflammatory breast cancer.
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 hours later

The red pimple in the skin that you have described could represent a local infection of hair follicle. Based upon the information that you have given, i don't think that you have any inflammatory breast problem. It will heal without much problem. You can continue the cream for few more days and if it dose not heal after about 10 days, you may visit a local physician. Until then you don't have to worry

Hope this clarifies
Let me know if you have any other concerns

Best wishes
Follow-up: Had vaginal dryness and itching. Have red pimples on breast. Using T-bact ointment. Breast cancer? 5 hours later
Thanks Doctor.

I would visit the physician in case if it doesn't heal.

Can you please give a clear understanding of inflammatory breast cancer and it's symptoms,cause.
As I have read in most of the websites that even a bugbite like pimple could be a symptom.That's the reason I was worried if it could be IBC.

Or could this be any hormonal imbalance problem.I delivered through C-Section on 20/11/2012 and I had my postpartum bleeding for 40 days.Later I got my first period on 12/1/2013.I reported the same to my Gynae she said periods are errratic and irregular after pregnancy though you BF or you don't.

So I have a doubt if this is related to any hormonal issue as I also had this vaginal dryness,itching,also i have sleeping disorders few days.

It would be great if you throw some light on my doubts.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 8 minutes later

Inflammatory breast cancer may present with breast mass, lump, bloody discharge from the nipple, contraction of the skin in the nipple area, etc. Single pimple in the absence of other symptoms is very, very unlikely to be related to a cancer. This can be further confirmed by clinical examination, needle aspiration of mass and mammography.

Hormonal imbalance is common in pregnancy and after child birth. And erratic hormones produce much more systemic symptoms than a single isolated pimple.

Therefore your problem is not even related to hormonal imbalance or cancers. Do not be worried. I am sure the pimple will heal spontaneously or with topical antibiotic creams. Oral antibiotic therapy is entailed if the pimple doesn't heal well.

Best wishes