Had uterine polyp. Got infected and took antibiotics. Have brown spotting and cramps. Should I see a doctor?

I am 43 year old who had uterine (and cervical ) polyp removal done 50 days ago. The post surgery examination results were good but I got an infection and took antibiotics for five days and was fine after that. I had my period 2 weeks after p. removal and than the next (and last one) 26 days later (usually I have my period on 28 days). But right now I have some light brown spotting and cramps 13 days after my last period. Is it normal, should I wait or see my gyn? Thank you
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly get an OBGY opinion

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

As the polyp is removed almost 2 months back, its not normal to have brown spotting and cramps. I request you to kindly get a PAP smear done if it is not done before. The reason for this symptom could be CERVICAL CONGESTION or any LESION OVER THE CERVIX which is causing this symptom.

Hence I advise you to visit your OBGY specialist, get a pelvic examination done, and after visualization of cervix will tell if there is any lesion or congestion.

And treatment depends on the PAP smear report.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile