Had uterine ablation done. Getting heart palpitations after eating fatty food. Related?

i started getting heart palpitations after eating mainly when i eat carbs/fatty foods. no chest pain, feels like my heart is beating hard and/or missing or having extra beats? Had uterine ablation 2 weeks before it happened the first time, dont know if this is related. I burp alot after high fatty/carb meals.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Some people experience palpitations after eating heavy meals that are XXXXXXX in carbohydrates, sugar, or fat. For the same, the problem could be food sensitivity. Keeping a food diary can help you identify which foods to avoid.

Also avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food. Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats. An advice from a dietician will be helpful.

Try raising the head end of your bed by at least two blocks and take your meals 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also avoid taking two or three heavy meals. Instead, take regular frequent small meals. Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.

If the symptoms persist or you have heart palpitations irrespective of diet and at rest also, then it needs evaluation. ECHO is one of the best sensitive tests for any heart disease and in addition, to completely rule out a cardiac condition, holter monitor, cardiac stress test and a nuclear scan can be done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.