Had urine test. Are reports in normal range?
User rating for this question
Hi, my 17 year old daughter's urine routine shows WBC 2-3/HPF - what does this indicate and can you suggest a medicine.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Absolutely normal, no need for medicines. Detailed Answer: Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Your daughter's urine report is normal, 2-3 WBCs/HPF is quite normal, and there is nothing to be worried about. There is no necessity for any type of medicines. Please write back if you need any clarifications. Regards,
Follow-up: Had urine test. Are reports in normal range? 2 minutes later
Thank you Doctor, she has a sense of irritation and itching - should I use some ointment for relief - please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drink more water. Detailed Answer: Welcome back, Thanks for writing back, Ask your daughter to drink more water, at least 2 liters in a day. Itching may be due to some vaginal infection and not related to urine infection, so getting her examined by a gynecologist will be advisable. She should also avoid wearing wet undergarments and should change the sanitary napkins frequently to avoid infection during periods. It would help me to understand the cause better if you can tell me if she has any white discharge from the vagina, or any boils or rashes around the genitalia. I wouldn't advice any cream or ointment without ruling out any infection, so please get your daughter examined by a gynecologist and if he/she suggests a vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, that would be ideal to rule out any infection. You may revert back to me with the additional details so that I can guide you better. Warm regards,
People also viewed
- Had urine test are reports in normal range
- Black vomit after drinking vodka and pepsi?
- Is hitting head bad after a chiari malformation surgery
- What can i take for poor circulation
- Normal range of urine routine test report for one year baby
- Urine report pus cells normal range
- What causes sour body odor when sleeping
- Urine full report normal range microscopy
- What causes sinus pressure headaches
- Bonnisan before or after meal for kids
- What causes hard stool in babies
- What causes fluid in the ear in adults
- Toddler butt hurts after bike ride
- Burning urination normal urine test is it possible
- Bedwetting after stopping vyvanse