Had urine infection during pregnancy. Should I opt for C section?

Mar 2016

Hi, my wife is 35 week. This is her 2nd pregnancy. 1 St baby was girl and she passed away. She was 10 months old and she had a hole in a heart. I st baby was done by c section VBAC. At present my wife is in 9 month i,e 24 Novemeber her menstural date. We have done scan, triple test , fetal echo, glucose test. All are in normal. But in fifth monthe she had urine infection. and in eight month she was given injection for growth lung if premature baby comes. My question if we do c section after 35 or 36 week any problem will come to my wife or to my baby. Can you suggest some day which we can go for C-section to my second child.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 27 hours later
Brief Answer: ELECTIVE C-SECTION CAN BE DONE AROUND 38 WEEKS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I am so sorry to hear about loss of 1st baby. If all test reports are within normal limit, then elective C-section can be done after 38th completed weeks or 2 weeks before expected delivery date (EDD). In general, we do not recommend elective C-section around 35-36 weeks as full maturity of baby doesn't take place at that time and it is regarded as PRETERM BIRTH. Some complication may arise during or after delivery like low birth weight, respiratory distress, hypothermia, infection, neonatal jaundice etc. Around 38 weeks, growing fetus attains full maturity and complete assessment has to be done by her consulting obstetrician who can only decide the exact time or day of elective C-section for delivery of healthy baby. Hope it helps for your information. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish her good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW