Had urinary tract infections, diabetic and having high cholesterol. Should I be worried about the findings?

What a blood result mean for a prior nonhodgkin lymphoma pt with WBC 4.3 (L), RBC 3.95, Hemoglobin Total 12.6, Hemocrit 38.6, MCV 97.7, MCB 32.0, MCHC 32.8, RDW 14.2, Platlets 234, MPV 7.6, auto Neut 54.4. Auto Lymphs 23.6, Auto Mono 14.8 (H), Auto EOS. 5.8 (H), Auto Baso 1.4 (H), Auto NRBC 0.0, Abs Neut 2.3, Abs Lymph 1.0, Abs Mono 0.6, Abs Eos 0.3, Abs Baso 0.1, Abs NRBC 0.0, WBC Population Normal , RBC Population Normal, Pit Population Normal.
All other blood chem tests w/in normal ranges except: Glucose 114 (H), SGOT/AST 41 (H).
Lymphoma is 7 yrs remission. Has had 3 UTIs within 6 months. Female, 80yrs, European descent. Has type II Diabetis & high cholesterol. Has lost 23lbs in last year without intent
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
In the hemogram, though the total white cells are a bit on the lower side and the monocytes and eosinophils are a bit high, overall it is normal. The glucose and SGOT are also borderline and not necessarily abnormal. The diabetes seems to be in fair control.
Hence from the blood reports there is nothing to explain recurrent UTIs or unintentional weight loss. She may try antibiotic prophylaxis to keep the UTI at bay. Does she have any other symptoms? Has the lymphoma remission been confirmed recently?

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,