Had upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. Started feeling dizzy and have numb lips. Is this normal?

General Surgeon
I had an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday at noon. I woke up fine from anesthesia (propofol), and did well for the rest of day. Ate well and drank well. Since I woke up this morning, I have severe dizziness and a little numbness on my lips. Is this common, or should I call my doctor?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 44 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms may be caused by hypotension, ions deficiency, heart arrhythmia, arteries narrowing due to artelosclerosis and even stroke. Such symptoms can also occur after anesthesia and should go away in a day or so.
So if you do not suffer from headache, vomiting, lose of consciouses, no blurred vision, no muscles weakening it is probably nothing significant and should go away. It is advisable to drink more water and get checked your blood pressure and heart rate.
If such symptoms wont go away in a few days or will get worse, you should visit your doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.