Had unsafe sex, missed periods. Suggest medication to avoid?

Mar 2013
hello dr.. I had unsafe sex with my boy friend on mar 8th, my periods date is 14th mar (Irregular always) but still i didnt get periods its more than 40days.. Is it possible to get preganant? If yes suggest me some tablet to avoid pregnancy and also to get pregnancy... pls
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Yes, with unsafe sex, it is possible to get pregnant.
Please clarify - you cannot have a tablet that avoids pregnancy, and also helps you to get a pregnancy.
Please write back with clearer details.
Follow-up: Had unsafe sex, missed periods. Suggest medication to avoid? 19 minutes later
Before sex i had anything, after sex that is date crossed my periods 14th mar.. i had mensovit plus 2 packs, but still i didnt get periods... now what can i do to avoid pregnant and also get periods... Suggest me pls
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
First take a urine pregnancy test.
If the test is positive, please consult a gynecologist for help regarding medical abortion.
If the test is negative, there could be other reasons for the skipped period, that is anxiety, stress, travelling, weight fluctuations, thyroid hormone dysfunction, polycystic ovaries etc.
If the pregnancy test is negative, you can take progesterone preparations for withdrawal bleed, but that is also prescription drug.
First, take a urine pregnancy test test tomorrow morning and let me know.
All the best.