Had unsafe sex. Took unwanted 72. Missed periods. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
Hi I had unsafe sex with my bf and I took unwanted 72 within 6hrs and I missing my period so is there a chance of me being preganent and do I need to take a test
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
If you have taken the unwanted 72 then its unlikely that you are pregnant. Getting your period would depend on the time in your cycle when you took the pill. Normally the bleeding should start within a week of taking the pill. If a week hasnt passed yet, then just wait. If it still doesnt come, then take the test.

Follow-up: Had unsafe sex. Took unwanted 72. Missed periods. Chances of pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Thank you . But for me I don't have my periods on particular date its very uneven and I took the tablet in 1st week of July and I had my periods last week of XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
Well XXXXXXX
If you last period was in XXXXXXX end, and you took the pill july 1st, then you havent had any bleeding since then there is a chance of failure of the pill.Wait a few more days and if you get your period in the next 10 days, then take a pregnancy test.
If you have a history of irregular cycles, then its difficult to ascertain when you are fertile.

Follow-up: Had unsafe sex. Took unwanted 72. Missed periods. Chances of pregnancy? 28 minutes later
If its a case then is there any way that I can avoid this pregnency

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
There is not much you can do until you get a positive pregnancy test. If the test is actually positive,the you will need an ultrasound to date the pregnancy before anything can be done. There are medical and surgical options. Medical abortion should only be done of the pregnancy is within 6weeks old.Hence i suggest you take the test first. It also possible that you are delayed just because of stress,hormonal imbalance etc. So before you jump the gun, take the pregnancy test first.