Had unprotected sex with no ejaculation. Started spotting with clot. HPT negative. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
I had unprotected sex with no ejaculation within my vagina just days before ovulation. My period was two days late. Today, it was very heavy, bright red, and excruciatingly painful. As today progressed, it got much lighter, but is still bright red and dull cramps persist. I think mild clotting was involved. I have been very worried about chances of pregnancy. I took a test a couple of days before I was supposed to start and another after i was a day late. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
A period two days late with a negative pregnancy test excludes the chances of pregnancy. The mild delay in the periods is likely to be due to stress and anxiety. The abdominal cramps and intermittent heavy bleeding is a normal variation during the periods.
The bleeding that you are having is likely to subside in next 4-5 days. You can take a mild pain killer for symptomatic relief till then.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.