Had unprotected sex using withdrawal method. Took plan B. On NuvaRing. Having delayed periods. Cause by Plan B? Stress?

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on May 6th. I used the withdrawal method, which we never do. She had just had her period on May 1st. The next morning she took Plan B. Another few variables you should know are that: a) she was previously on the NuvaRing for 8-9 months and has been off the NuvaRing for 2 months (since beginning of March) b) prior to the NuvaRing, she had an expired IUD and we had unprotected sex regularly and she never got pregnant. I have a varicocele and regularly had unprotected sex with my first girlfriend (like an idiot) when I was in my early 20's who was no on birth control and used withdrawal method only. She never got pregnant.

So on with the information.

After our unprotected sex, she took Plan B the next day. A week later, she experienced essentially a period that lasted about 3 days. Spotting at first, then pretty heavy bleeding. I was concerned this may be implantation bleeding and did some reading on it. I waited a week (and had her take a pregnancy test. It came up negative (5/15). I waited another week and had her take another one, it came up negative (5/22). Her period is supposed to happen during the week of 5/29 - 6/5. She took a pregnancy test on 6/1 and it came up negative.

At this point, I'm still concerned. I'd have her take another one, but she's starting to get irritated at me for pestering her. We are also going through enormous stress for a myriad of reasons.

Can Plan B cause delayed periods? Could this be a combination of the NuvaRing, Plan B, and stress?
Even with the negative results is it still possible she is pregnant? Or is it unlikely?

Out of curiosity, with my varicocele, given my history with my first girlfriend in my early 20's never getting pregnant with withdrawal (which was done poorly at times) and the fact my current girlfriend did not get pregnant with an expired IUD. Should I get a fertility test? Can a varicocele cause infertility?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Since your friend had her periods on 1st May and she took plan B on 6th May, the bleeding she had a week later was a withdrawal bleeding and not an implantation bleeding. Now the delay in the periods is also related to Plan B. This causes a delay in periods as a common side effect.
Her repeated pregnancy tests are negative. Since she took plan B within 24 hours of unprotected sex, the chances of pregnancy are less than 1%. There is no need to go for further pregnancy tests. She can wait for her periods which are likely to happen by next week.
Varicocele is a common cause of male infertility. It is best to get a semen analysis done to find out your status of fertility.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.